Sunday, December 6, 2009

The Hungry Caterpillar 2

This is my finished 11 second club entry, I would have given a development and progress update type thing now, but my memory stick with all of my line tests has broken. Typical.
Despite it's reasonably poor reception on the 11 second club ( I checked, I finished 132nd with a rating of 3.82 I think) I am still pleased with this. However I completely understand the criticisms offered to me. 

The grabbing of the camera is easily misconstrued as being a morph or some kind of growth spurt. I think that is most likely to do with the timing here, it needs to be snappier, with less inbetweens and more overlap at the end, I feel as though up until the zoom/grab it works relatively well, perhaps he is a little static and conservative with his motions. 

Perhaps the grab was over ambitious at my current ability, and I should have stayed with squash and stretch, and just finished off smoothly, without trying to add that bit of dynamic action at the end.

Overall though, I think that I've produced something that I am proud of, I like the floppiness of the character, and the timing of most of it, obviously I will take the criticisms on board for next time I am doing character animation.

No comments: