Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Tonight My Wife Is Your Wife

So, it's been a few weeks since the pitches etc. and the people who've had their projects chosen spent the first week running around fervently attempting to get people into bed with them.

Currently sharing my proverbial duvet are:

The enigmatic Rory Hinks - who has been working away very successfully as lead animator, but will also aid in design, and has helped to adapt some of the character designs for animation. As have I.

The illustrious Kat Michaelides - who is chiefly working on the animation layouts and backgrounds, and basically saving me architecturally. But will also help with animation further down the pipeline.

The fearsome....? Orla McElroy - who I have gladly taken on as a producer, to keep my mind focused and kick me around when I'm lazy, and help with scheduling next term. She essentially told me I was managing my time/work flow completely wrong. Which I was.

And the (recently) poetic Holly Tselikova - who is also lending her considerable talent to me as an animator, though not as a permanent position, as she is - quite understandably - attempting to work on as many projects as humanly possible for her.

All of this motley bunch are dividing their time between several projects, but I am very happy with the amount of time that each one is able to dedicate to my project, and I'm delighted with the standard of work that has been produced so far.

As Animation Director, I obviously don't have to do anything. Ever. I just witness events occurring. And boss people around.
By which I mean I've been working away at the storyboard and cinematography, and working on the animatic. I've also spent the last half a week trying to procure a suitable voice actor, with a lot of help from a very generous contact, which at the moment seems to be really paying off. But more about that later.




some character adaptations/turnarounds





And since kat hasn't updated her blog :P, some of her background ideas.

Have also been working on writing some music for the animation. Which is perhaps a little premature, as it's early days, but it all counts.

That's it for now, I'll update with some influences and evaluation/more pre-production sometime soon.

Just found some lucozade. Bonus.