Saturday, May 30, 2009

Hayle is No More

Well, it's finished and not a moment too soon to be honest. There was a certain sense of "whatever, that'll do" attitude towards the whole project from all of us as we came closer to the end. We had been working solidly for a couple of weeks, and the worry that we might not get it finished had infected us as a group.

Having said that, I'm fairly pleased with the final outcome, I'm pleased with the way it flows, the way the timing works and how the sound fits the animation. What I am most pleased with however is the overall visual style and how we have managed to keep aesthetic continuity between 4 different artists. Anyway, here be the finished beasty.





I was responsible for:
Production
- The backgrounds
- the animation and texturing of the old woman screaming
- animation of the scene in which she is finally subdued
- compositing the final edit
Pre-Production
-Ideas(group)
-Early Character Concept (Hamilton)
-Final Character Design (Old Woman)
-Colour Setups
Role
-Director

I am pleased with the work that I have produced, I feel as though my animation and timing has improved, as well as my understanding of programs like flash and premier. I am also very pleased with the work that the rest of my group has produced, the animation all tied together and looked pretty professional considering our time limit, the texturing and colour pallet was perfect, suiting the backgrounds very well and the sound effects were very good, staying low down in the mix and adding to atmosphere without being intrusive and distracting to the story line.

Overall, I think we've managed to achieve a very finished looking animation with good continuity and a distinct artistic style, even if use of computer software compromised the aesthetic that we had initially envisioned.