Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The Approaching Curve.


Learning curve. For me the negotiated brief has been a monstrous learning curve. The last time that I tried to model anything at all was my own face for Georg's Masterclass. Before that it was the environment that we all had to do last year. Fun.

However, I have seriously enjoyed modelling so far, and I have learned an invaluable amount. My only qualm is that I wish that I had known how much I would throw myself into some of the other projects -- The pitch, as well as working right up to the bleeding edge on the third year projects, in the studio til 7am for Will's -- I think that I would have been less ambitious with the negotiated. For somebody with a very basic knowledge of 3D modelling, I drew up a complex modelling project that I really wish I had more time to work on.
It's pretty clear to me that I'm not going to hand in a finished representation of what I wanted to hand in, as Georg pointed out to me, a high quality result in this project would most likely be at the expense of another project. Sadly, the time sacrifice has been made on this project. I'd like more time, but rules is rules, I was meant to be out of my comfort zone, and to push myself to learn a new skill. I am going to finish the model, just after the hand-in, I want to take this to the end and develop my skills in area that I was previously weak in.

Anyway, the screens are various parts of the model as they are currently, and a quick pose test, the next post will be a visual time line of how this project panned out for me.

No comments: